Vishion Announces 2020 Winners for Interior Design Award Competition
Winners have been selected for the 2020 Vishion Design Award. The award celebrates color in interior design and encourages recognition of the craft of the interior designer.
CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 5, 2020 (Newswire.com) –Vishion, a Charlotte, N.C.-based interior design startup, recently announced the winners for the 2020 Vishion Design Award. Maureen Stevens of Maureen Stevens Design was named the grand prize winner of the Vishion Design Award 2020 and recipient of the $5,000 prize. Maureen is based in New Orleans but has clients in various cities, including Houston, the project location of her winning submission.
Grand Prize Winner Maureen Stevens said, “Colors and nailing that perfect palette can be oh-so tricky. To designers, we don’t see hues just as primary or secondary, it runs the whole gamut … the Vishion app puts the ability to use Pantone colors to find that elusive art or decor to match that deep English fern to match a historical green I’ve been working with right at my fingertips.”
The award recognized designers who showcased a passion for incorporating complex color palettes in a single space design across textiles, materials, space planning and staging.
“Designers form an amazing community that encourages talent and skill to flourish,” said Bryan McCarter, Chief Marketing Officer at Vishion. “We feel honored to be a part of that community and to help recognize innovative and creative design professionals in this, our first Vishion Design Award. There were so many wonderful submissions; it was exciting to see which design our judges chose.”
Winners for the 2020 Interior Design Award are listed below:
- Maureen Stevens, Grand Prize
- Transition State, Regional Winner Southern California
- Mod Punch, Regional Winner Georgia
- New South Home, Regional Winner Carolinas
- Obelisk Home, Regional Winner Missouri
- Designs by Human, Regional Winner New York
The Vishion Design Award was judged by the following industry experts:
- Tiffany Brooks, HGTV host & interior designer
- Michelle Workman, interior designer
- Anne England, co-founder & president of social responsibility at Industry West
- Lynai Jones, owner & CEO, Mitchell Black
- Kelly Clifford, co-founder, Kavka Designs
- Danielle Arps, interior designer
Winners were chosen based on the following criteria:
- Color palette complexity: How has a complexity of color been utilized in the design?
- Quality: Overall level of craftsmanship and skill
- Creativity & innovation: What design challenges did the designer have and how did they address them?
- “Wow” factor: Is the design stunning?
- Personal story: Why the entrant became a designer and why design is important to them
Vishion, the only color search engine for decor and furniture, recently enhanced its offering by giving interior designers another tool to make the design process easier. The mobile app has launched a social platform that allows users to share projects and color palettes with clients or the Vishion community, creating an all-encompassing color and home design exploration tool.
Vita DeCeglio, Public Relations Manager
Vita is an Emmy-nominated journalist that has a passion for creative content and color. Inspired by the places she travels and the products she loves, Vita’s design style is transitional with a little edge.